A Blog is a feed of posts, usually maintained by an individual, with regular entries of commentary, descriptions of events, or other material such as graphics or video. The blog is often used as a journaling tool.
To post in your blog
- On the homepage of your course, clickon the blog link and then click Add a new entry.
- Type a title for your post and some text in the Message box.
- Add any tags that are appropriate or that you were asked to add by your instructor, in the Tag box.
- In general, you should leave the Allow comments dropdown as "Yes, from logged in users." Often the blog is intended to be shared with
- Attach any files you wish to attach by dragging and dropping files from your computer into the files area.
- Click Add post
To view/edit or delete your post
In most cases, the blog will include posts from all students in the course or all students in a group. Some instructors may set the blog to be individual, viewable only to you and the instructor. If you are unsure, ask your instructor if you feel you should be able to see posts by other students and do not.
- Click on the blog link in the course, then using the dropdown at the top of the page to select your name.
- Find the post you want to edit or delete
- Click on the Edit or Delete link at the bottom of the post. Note that you should not delete posts during the semester unless they were made in error (e.g. double post or an incomplete post).
- If Editing, make changes and then click Save changes at bottom.